Sunday, January 30, 2011

Praying God's Word: Week 3!

Well maybe you noticed i skipped a week... Well i did. I needed an extra week on this topic. I had been really busy and not been able to dig as deep into the Word as i wanted to. I didn't really accomplish much more this week but the extra week made me satisfied. lol

Anyways....
My topic:
 Love/ Relationships.

The scripture was:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kin. Love is not jealous, its not boastful, and is not proud. Love is not rude, not selfish, and doesn't get upset with others. Love does not count up wrong doings. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over truth. Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, hopes and always endures. Love NEVER ends. There are gifts of prophecy that will be ended. There are gifts speaking in different languages, but those gifts will come to an end.

John 15:13
The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends.

Leviticus 19:18
Forget the wrong people have done. Do not try to get revenge. Love your neighbor as your brother. For I am the Lord.

Luke 6:27-35
Love your enemies and EVERYONE!

John 13:34-35
All people will know you are my followers if you love one another.

1 Corinthians 13...
Summary= Love is the GREATEST gift! <3
What God taught me this week:
Well this might sound quite silly but really what God revealed to me was not some great awespiring message. He really showed me how the break down of the verse applied.
Love is...
Patient
Kind
never ends!
Accepts ALL things
not selfish
not rude
rejoices over truth!

Also shown was that...
Love is an action. Many people in our generation even I, say Oh i love you friend. When really if your not actually showing them but performing an action. Your not loving them and you don't love them like it's truly meant. The bible's definition of love is...
Love: A strong FEELING of affection, loyalty and concern for someone.
So Im contradicting myself. I realize. I was told Love was an action but the bible says it's a feeling... Well im gonna go with a combination of both. If you feel love for someone you need to show it to them by your actions. Not just saying on facebook. Hey i love you.

Moving on...
God also taught me Love is patient... Yeah i already said that. I realize. But i wanted to see what patience meant if Love was so patient.
Patience: To handle pain or difficult times calmly and without complaining. Hmph. Very interesting

Also... I want to add a few of my prayer requests that i don't mind being public..

Babra- our compassion child we sponsor for GYH.
New classes and new semester- smooth transition
Yan Carlo- my world help child i pray for
Attitude- towards parents mainly
My tongue
For the Music Minister at my old church- Cancer
For a growing friendship/ relationship with the guy I feel God calling me to
New friends and people to witness to in new classes
Plans for my life in the Love aspect
Trust with Crush's heart. That god would prepare it to be molded into what God wants for him.
Trust with Time and school
Relationship to thrive with Crush
School= stress free zone
Cousin's family as his gpa passed away.
To have self Pride.

Now im not really sure if you even cared about those. But for my sake and the sake of this journaling as i journey through God's word. I wanted to include those... Anyways...

Next weeks topic:
My peace

Scripture:
Exodus 23:20
I am sending an angel ahead of you, who will protect you as you travel. He will lead you to the place i have prepared.

Phillipians 4:7
And God's peace which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 29:11
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Have a great week! And enjoy your time with our Precious Lord! :)

-Austyn

No comments: