Week 2: Trust in God
Verses:
Proverbs 3:5-6
5) Trust the Lord with all your heart and don't depend on your own understanding.
6) Remember the Lord in all you do and he will bring you successes.
What God taught me this week:
- Lately I've been trying to trust God and i always left out on teeny part of the verse. Trust the Lord with ALL your heart. This week he taught me in many many ways that if i trust him with ALL of my heart he will bring me great joy and many rewards. I saw it up close and personal and I loved it! It is so amazing to see God work wonders in your life. Even if it's the simplest thing as someone you look up to saying something nice about you. It still taught me to trust more and more.
-One of the major things I've had to trust with lately is with my relationships. Mostly with guys. When I like someone i tend to try too hard to get to know them. When in general like I've been told im supposed to be a chase. I don't really like that. But apparently that's the way guys work. So instead i come across too friendly. And creepy. Yeah it hurts me to see guys get creeped out when i was just trying to be nice. But i guess it's how God gets my attention. Because if he has taught me even one thing this week he has taught me to trust him about the whole situation with the Guy i like. There has been times where i just wanted to quit and move on. But every cotton pickin time, God did something to remind me to keep chugging. It was really cool to see that. Ill try not to drag this on for days but it's for me to look back and see what i was taught so i don't want to leave anything out.... I have a friend who tends to bring me up every time she talks to said crush. I don't ask her to do this but she feels it's necessary. So this week i was feeling down and ready to quit and i just get so fed up with trying to talk to him with no courage or a result. And she came up to me and said the guy had said I reminded him alot of his mom. Immediately i was flipping out wondering why in the world he would say that. But when i asked a few people who were his mom's students or knew her personally they all agreed she was very kind, sweet, pretty and very strong in her faith. Those are all things i will NEVER be offended to be known as. So i think i'm safe there. And when i was talking to another friend she had said it looked to her as if me and crush were growing closer and she really thought we would be a great couple growing together in Christ.... So maybe just maybe there is hope....
Next;
Week 2:
My relationships (quite a coincidence)
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
John 15:13
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
Not too late to join!! I'd love to have you join me!!
Have a great week!!
-Austyn



No comments:
Post a Comment