Thursday, July 14, 2011

PlAy Is OuR bRaIn'S fAvOrItE wAy Of LeArNiNg. -DiAnE aCkErMaN

As an attempt to soak up this summer fun... Yesterday morning The boys, Mom and I packed it up and headed to a town a few hours away to visit the children's museum and just spend the day exploring.
After lunch and about 4 blocks of walking we saw the sign... I was SO excited.
I'll admit it. I was more excited than the other two kiddos and even mom. I LOVE stuff like this.

Right away the boys took to playing outside on the spider web.. not that it wasn't STINKIN hot enough!

Next was of course the pirate ship and firing canons at mommy :))

We never made it to the Art Studio... We did bring two young boys so i didn't expect that happening but it was nice to look around anyway..

Stephen LOVED the grocery store. He went shopping about 100 times, researched ALL his coupons, and even made sure to do his duty as the cashier.





The boys went upstairs and read some and then it was down to try some thinking activities..


Mom SO wanted me to try the big feet...
{Oddly enough that's dad's nickname for me ever since i bought those shoes..}

They were SO hilarious to walk in... Not hard at all. I felt a little immature.
But laughter is the best medicine!

Mom hates my camera so pictures of me are far and few between..

In the Nasa section i drew my picture... then realized it was supposed to be of space. Go teenager!

And for the GYH girls... Make sure to wear your safety goggles!

The thought of my brothers hands on someones brain...
Well he does want to be a brain surgeon.. Press on my brotha!


At the teddy hospital Stephen made me sign in and get checked out.


it was a little hard managing the bee sting "shot" on my arm and the goofball cracking jokes on the right..
What silly brothers!

See? He is QUITE the jokester... and a funny one at that!

And little brother thinks its pretty funny that he's pressing a hole in my arm...

I don't do anethesia... not with him anyways.

and with my CLEAN tongue depresser i carefully let Stephen view without gagging myself.
{like the docs do ya know!?}

Next we were off to the dentist. I had been waiting all day for this. Im the one strange physco who LOVES the dentist.

I think big brother did a good job!! And his patient was pretty content too!

Say "Ahhhh"

Hey dentist you can't leave me here!

Little love muffin these days is REALLY bad about smiling or even cooperating for a picture, so i was really happy we got this.

Next we headed to the "Snake Museum"...

While momma waited in line i took some GORGEOUS pictures of the 4 parrots they had.
I love the colors in this one!

Well to our dismay they only took cash and wanted momma to walk 4 blocks down one street, turn take another turn, walk another 6 blocks... And we said... thanks but no thanks!
So we stopped at the riverwalk otw back to the car.

And saw the Battleship me and Stevo wanted to go to... But it was HOT and the battleship is WAY hotter so we skipped that this go round.

We walked by many cute quaint little shops..

And little apartments..

And stopped in the tea room to look for a friend...

And saw a pretty cool waterfall..

And a MASSIVE vine wall growing beside our car.

Then we headed to recreate old memories at...
this is as good as it gets people!

And for dinner we stopped by...
I had never been there and i thoroughly enjoyed it! Other than the scantally clad dressed workers.. Oyy.

I had a wonderful day with my loves!

-Austyn <3

No comments: