Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to the Nations Capital..

I am doing good blogging this week. NOT. I never do good at keeping up. So here's the latest scoop. Like seriously these are the most recent pictures I've taken. I feel special and on top of things. Ha.

This weekend I traveled with some kids I babysit and their parents to The Nations Capital. We drove 6 hrs there from Good 'ole North Cacka Lacky. Their parents had to attend a wedding on Saturday night so i hopped along to watch the kiddos that night... On Saturday bright and Early we jumped up and ventured our 6 hrs... When we FINALLY arrived after countless potty breaks, lunch, gas stops, you name it... The kids were super excited to see their grandparents and to swim... So they did. While their mom and I went to this HUGE mall that was attached to the hotel. Too dangerous of info to tell us. Hehe. We shopped till we dropped and then we returned to check on the kiddos and other folks. When we came back she went to get ready for the wedding and I decided to join the Splish Splash fun! :)


For some reason, even though they both have the Deer in the Headlights look, I love this picture. It is so sweetly representing Father daughter sweetness.


Ian was quite the little fish... just watch the next few pics..


hehe.

He had her by her straps getting her to swim. She is too cute and it was absolutely hilarious!


Swimming Smiles!

The Michael Jackson dance... Bahahaha



Boy how she loved swimming with her Paw Paw.

Quite the sassa frass! :)

lol her face is priceless!

She is so smiley. So i had to get at least one picture of her smile upon her many other crazy faces.


I told them both to jump... Well they jumped at the same time and i missed Ian. Then he jumped again and the 2nd pic is what i got! :/ Oh well..


Then when the parents headed out for the wedding... We had room service dining. Delicious and we enjoyed some tantrums, some games, some movies, Alot more tantrums, Some repremandings, more tantrums... Anyways you get the point. Idk why i included the games and movies part because i enjoyed the sounds of a bawling baby missing her parents ALL night long. Poor girl. I guess that's why they're called the TERRIBLE twos.

So while i was eating I turned around and found her playing. Progress. No tantrum... She was quietly reading. I couldn't tell what she was playing with so i investigated closer... Oh yeah truly hilarious.

......

The Book of MORMONS! hahaha if only you knew the funny story behind this. I started laughing so hard i couldn't breathe. Not the bible, not a kids book, the manual for some game, No the Book of Mormons! You go Abby. Preach it!

And then we enjoyed some water with sugar "nectar"... The boys are ALL about some scientific or historical or anything educational. So when "nectar" tasted good it was MUCH fun!
And i escaped the tantrums in the 2 ft. kitchen to show proof i did go! :) I am NOT joking when i say this kitchen was 2 ft wide. MAX.

So after trying all i knew to do. I experimented with a bubble bath. Maybe she was dirty and wanted to play with the bubbles. Who knows. It got her calm. And we had a MUCH fun with her hair salon "Alfalfa" hair. lol Notice she wanted NOTHING to do with the camera.

After doing EVERYTHING i knew to do. The girl just wanted her stinkin paci. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Only to find out it was in her diaper bag. Bummer. So i layed her on her air mattress, got the boys to be quiet, played the christian radio station on my phone and jumped in the shower so all the sounds would drown her exhaustedness out. And I kid you not... the 5 minutes MAX i was in the shower... I got out to see....
The wonderful World of sleep! I can NOT even begin to express to you how big the smile on my face was when i saw after feeling like i should give up, never have kids, never babysit again and even wanting to spank the poor girl, She had fallen asleep! Praise Jesus! Then it was on to games and fun with the big kids! And fun did we have! We were all exhausted from dealing with the terrible twos. So we gave up by 8pm and hit the hay! What a day...
The next day we went to the Mall for breakfast and then headed to long treck home just in time to be home to watch MY Steelers LOSE! AGH

Hope your week is going well!!

-Austyn

No comments: